About Me

My photo
! Cant impart too much information as I would have to kill you with my bare hands

Friday, September 8, 2006

Uncertain smiles



Music has an evocative power second only to that of smell. This morning on my headphones I was taken back to whatever was going on in my life at the time I discovered this album- I was about 16, my favorite track then was heartland it was such a political two fingered statement to the tory cabinet back then and is incredibly relevant today since New Labour have turned out to be pretty much the same as the 80s Tories, I think the songs are still relevant even with sweet bird of truth. It was a wonderful timewarp of that carefree mentality of youth when you only started questioning certain things within the system - having said that its not a hugely political album theres a fair sprinkling of raw sex in there too which make strange familiar bedfellows to politics anyway. This album along with Soul Mining is pretty much must haves for us 80s teens who had a conscience but liked a shag too LOL

No comments: