About Me

My photo
! Cant impart too much information as I would have to kill you with my bare hands

Monday, June 4, 2007

Ah Boris Boris Boris




Boris Johnson is unkempt, bumbling and courts verbal disaster - some also say Boris may be the very last stronghold of political sincerity left in a once-great nation -a bastion of forwardness, integrity and satire. Unafraid to challenge those in the wrong, unafraid to support those under the thumb, and without a positive political reputation to defense, Boris is the vital free agent of British politics. He has been publicly labeled as ''you great, quivering mass of indecision' by Alaister Cambell.
As an avid fan of this sage/ buffoon he has added another great faux pas to his reportoire in the media with an interview in GQ mag - the guy always raises a ghost of a smile when I see a photo of him but this interview shows that he indeed is quintesstially a blundering eccentric buffoon; a character that prehaps woodehouse would have incorporated into his works if indeed he where about and still writing

When reading this on the news text last night I giggled like hell - he is, if anything endearing with media trust and here is an excerpt from the interview
Eccentric Tory MP Boris Johnson is at it again - telling a magazine that cannabis is "jolly nice".

Hot on the heels of controversy over comments that he tried cocaine but it made him sneeze, the MP for Henley told men's mag GQ that he had smoked "quite a few" joints before university and had enjoyed it. But he said that he has now become quite "illiberal," adding "I don't want my kids taking drugs". And in the GQ interview with Piers Morgan he also admits finding Cherie Blair sexually attractive. Asked whether he could imagine having sex with the Prime Minister's wife, he said: "I could, yeah. No, don't put that in! God! Not me."

On an episode of TV show Have I Got News For You, the shadow education minister previously admitted trying cocaine but said none of it went up his nose because he sneezed.

Now Mr Johnson, 42, admits some may have done. He tells Morgan: "I tried it at university and I remember it vividly.

"And it achieved no pharmacological, psychotropic or any other effect on me whatsoever."

Asked whether cocaine went up his nose despite the sneeze, Mr Johnson replied: "It must have done, yes, but it didn't do much for me I can tell you."Asked about cannabis, he told the magazine: "There was a period before university when I had quite a few (cannabis joints). But funnily enough, not much at university.

"It was jolly nice. But apparently it is very different these days - much stronger.

"I've become very illiberal about it. I don't want my kids to take drugs."

The MP, who was sacked from the front bench by ex-leader Michael Howard for lying about an affair, has made a series of high-profile blunders.

He was famously sent to Liverpool to apologise after accusing the city of wallowing in grief over the execution of Iraq hostage Ken Bigley.

He was in hot water again in April after insulting the city of Portsmouth. He told GQ: "I love Norwich. And Portsmouth. And Liverpool. It's all nonsense.

"I said about Portsmouth that there was too much drugs, obesity and underachievement.

"And there is. It's a statistical fact. Why shouldn't I be allowed to say that?

"Then, to top it all some local bloke went on the radio and called me fat."
. I love his sense of self belief and is bewildered that anything he says offends to prove this here are some Boris Johnson glorious quotes-

On Boris Becker
I love tennis with a passion. I challenged Boris Becker to a match once and he said he was up for it but he never called back. I bet I could make him run around.

On Tony Blair

''It is just flipping unbelievable. He is a mixture of Harry Houdini and a greased piglet. He is barely human in his elusiveness. Nailing Blair is like trying to pin jelly to a wall''

On Needless Over-Protection

''Individually, police officers are fantastic, brave people, and so are the paramedics. But when they have to leave people dying because of a Health and Safety Act policy, they must be starting to wonder where things are going''

On Nepotism

''Any seat would be mad not to take him. He's a terrific chap.''- Boris, on his father, Stanley Johnson's plans to become an MP''

On Channel 5 (Five)

''I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects''

On Privatisation

''It is only now, says Blair, that the terrible effects of botched privatisation are being felt on the nation's arteries, just as a heart attack patient spectacularly collapses after eighteen blissful years of eating pork pies''

On Cars and Mobile Phones

''I don't believe that talking on a mobile phone while driving a car is any more dangerous than the many other things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on''

On Taxis

''As anyone who has tried using a black cab in London recently will know, it is now cheaper to take a flight from Stansted to the Canaries than it is to go from Highbury to Westminster''

On George W. Bush

''The President is a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy''

On Feral Children

''There are far too many feral children running around [in Islington] because there are far too few police, etc., on our streets''

On Reincarnation and Premiership
''My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive''




Keeping it real - Boris Johnson

5 comments:

General Catz said...

He does sound a bit batty but i do love that he says what he means. I'm so sick of hearing a politician speak for 30 minutes without having actually said anything.

As for this quote: (Channel 5) also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects.

Brilliant sense of humor!!!

Judith said...

Catz
you should you tube some boris interviews the guy is insanely surreal

Glamourpuss said...

I just wish he wasn't so damned pleased with himself all the time. But then, what can you expect from a Tory?

Puss

Anonymous said...

I am painfully oblivious to him.

Judith said...

puss
I think thats what becomes of you once you join the conservatory and being a product of one two many relatives marrying one another

Pool
Not to worry - its just an eccentric english politician, theyre ten a penny over this neck of the woods but boris keeps it real *giggle*